NOTE! When you buy 1 pc, you are buying 1 m2 of the product. As the number of pieces, please state the number of square meters!
Coir erosion control mats are made of the highest quality materials that provide adequate protection for the areas to be secured. We offer fully eco-friendly, chemically inactive covers, which are ideal for use in the home garden as well as in road, hydraulic and railway construction.
Advantages of anti-erosion mats
- They create stable spaces that are resistant to the erosive effects of water, thus protecting the soil devoid of plants and ensuring rapid vegetation.
- They help to reduce soil erosion by consolidating the soil and strengthening rooting zones.
- They enable the retention of water (from streams, pipelines, and channels) in the soil by dissipating both the kinetic energy and velocity of the water flow.
What is erosion prevention about?
- strengthening and binding of the surface soil layer,
- protection from the effects of weather conditions, including rainfall and surface water run-off,
- protection through existing rooting.
Among other things, anti-erosion coir mats prevent roots from damaging roads, pavements, paths or terraces, and underground sewage and electrical infrastructure. The use of this type of solution is one of the most effective ways of significantly minimising the cost of repairs or the amounts of damaged pavements.
The mats are made of natural fibres, in this case coconut, and are biodegradable. It is used to protect slopes of up to 70 °. The use of the mat prevents damage to the slope and ensures the growth of vegetation during their initial rooting.
The geomat protects the vegetation-free soil, ensuring a rapid vegetation process. Coir matting can be installed on slopes with a gradient of up to 1:1.5. Slopes with a gradient of 1:1 should be protected with polymer matting. Coir mats are easy to install and relatively inexpensive products.
You are more than welcome to buy!